While learning about climate change and how to help the environment, everyone bumps into a dead-end. You start wondering how you can reduce your carbon footprint and live a more eco-friendly life. We’ve compiled an easy to follow guide with tips and tricks on how to go completely green.
How To Go Completely Green
There are a few ways to make sure you’re living a more eco-friendly lifestyle, and they’re the following.
- Go Digital, where paperwork is included. In your day to day life and office environment, using emails and sending files goes a long way.
- Be mindful of your energy usage. Switch lights off when it’s not needed. Turning down your thermostat by 2 degrees can lower your carbon footprint by a lot in the wintertime.
- Reuse items before you resort to recycling them. If you have a paper you need to throw out, use the backside as a shopping list if needed to reduce waste.
- Lower your water usage. Using cold water specifically can save up to 80 percent of the energy required in your day-to-day life.
- Recycle as much as possible. Recycling can help reduce consumer waste, and learn more about how to dispose of products correctly.
The most harmful aspects are energy consumption in all its forms, whether that is through transportation, heat or electricity. It forms an overall of 76% of general greenhouse gas emissions. In order to reduce your carbon footprint you need to take your energy consumption into account.
Go Solar To Go Green
Solar energy opens up a lot of doors for energy use. It comes in various shapes and functionalities, there are solar cars, bicycles, it provides endless energy to your phone as well. If you invest in a solar water heater it can provide you with an endless supply of hot water and of course solar panel systems can power your home. With the help of a battery storage option you can also have seamless round the clock power as well.
Using solar energy provides you with the option of not being mindful of energy use to stay green. There are many solar energy usage tips in the Bay Area, and we’re here to provide you with them. You can install solar energy in the Bay Area with the help of a licensed and professional team and be good to go! Installing a system on your home can seem expensive, but when you consider that they pay for themselves in the long run, it’s the best option out there. There’s also the fact that traditional energy prices are on the rise.
Solar Modules are very durable and can take the Bay Area weather. Especially if you use battery storage, you can have power 24/7, even in a grid shutdown. Don’t worry if you think that your roof is not in condition for a solar system to be installed. There are roofing professionals in California that can help with your issue.
Additionally, you can invest in a solar water heater to provide your home with hot water and give you the ability to have hot water and not think about the waste that comes along with it. You can also plan a consultation with a solar energy consultant to help you with the complicated details of your power needs. Once you are done with the process, you will have a Solar ready house in the Bay Area!